Welbeck Academy is part of WISE Academies. The WISE Board of Trustees are accountable for all academies within the organisation. Trustees delegate some of their responsibilities to Local Governing Body (LGBs) as set out in the Scheme of Delegation.
Trustees main responsibilities are to:
- Set the strategic direction of the trust
- Hold executive leaders to account
- Ensure that all public money is used appropriately to support the education of pupils
All Trustees hold voluntary positions and receive no renumeration for their role. Trustees are both company directors and charity trustees as academies have the legal status of both company and charitable trust.
Each academy in the trust has its own Local Governing Body who work with the Head Teacher to ensure the Academy is providing high quality education for its pupils. Welbeck’s Local Governing Body is a key part of the WISE Governance structure.
The Local Governing Body is focused upon the individual school contexts, monitoring standards and achievement and their local community needs and aspirations. The Local Governing Body will help to improve academic standards by ensuring Trust policies are implemented and will support effective communications between the Academy and its stakeholders.
- The Local Governing Body is focused upon the individual school contexts, monitoring standards and achievement and their local community needs and aspirations.
- Helping in setting strategic priorities and plans
- Role in monitoring standards and achievement within the school
- Ensuring Trust policies are implemented
- Engaging with parents to understand their feedback about the school
- Work positively with the local community to support pupils' education
- Supporting and positively challenging practices within the school
Our Governance information including the Scheme of Delegation can be found on WISE Academies Trust website here
You can find more information about the Local Governing Body of Welbeck Academy here
We are always keen to hear from parents/carers who would be interested in becoming a member of the Governing Body; please get in touch via the 'Contact' page if you're interested.